Fall Home Maintenance
The first day of fall is just around the corner, which means that it is time to get your house ready for the changing season. Keep these fall home maintenance tips in mind to ensure that your house is prepared for the cooler weather.
- Clean your gutters – head up onto your roof and clean out your rain gutters. Clogged gutters can easily cause water to back up into your roof and walls, causing serious and expensive damage. It is also the perfect time to make sure that your downspouts are facing away from your house.
- Check your furnace – if you have not used your furnace for a few months, it is time to give it a check up. Hire a professional to give your furnace a tune-up to ensure that it will work to keep you warm all season long.
- Test your alarms – make sure that all of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are working properly. If any of your alarms are malfunctioning or broken, replace them with new ones as soon as possible.
- Create an escape plan – a well thought out escape plan can help to keep your family safe in case of any disaster this fall. Your plan should include steps for everyone of your family members to take, including your pets.
- Seal it up – check the weather stripping around all of your doors and windows to ensure that they are providing a tight seal. If you find any missing or damaged weather stripping, replace or repair it to keep the cool fall weather out of your house.
Before the cool weather hits, make sure to look over your home insurance policy to ensure that you have enough protection for any peril that you may run into this season. Contact Gateway Professional Insurance Services in Vacaville, California for all of your homeowners insurance needs.