The 2015 football season is just three days away, which means it is time to start planning for your next tailgate party. To help ensure that your tailgate is the best one in the parking lot, keep these tasty football recipes in mind.
- ¾ cup pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives, chopped
- 1 16-ounce jars mixed pickled vegetables
- 2 tablespoons bottled olive oil and vinegar dressing
- 12 small dinner rolls, cut in half
- 12 thin deli ham slices
- 6 Swiss cheese slices, cut in half
- 12 Genoa salami slices
- 6 provolone cheese slices, cut in half
- Pulse the pickled veggies in a food processor until finely chopped. Stir in olives and dressing.
- Spread 1 heaping tablespoonful pickled veggie mixture over cut side of each roll bottom. Top each with 1 half Swiss cheese, 1 ham slice, 1 salami slice, 1 provolone half, and roll top. Cover with plastic wrap and serve immediately or chill until ready.
Warm Gumbo Dip
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1 ½ pound peeled, large raw shrimp, chopped
- 1 pressed garlic clove
- 1 ½ teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- ¾ cup sliced pickled okra
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Toasted French bread baguette slices
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Melt the butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat, add green onions, celery, and peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally for 6 to 8 minutes or until the peppers are tender. Stir in the shrimp, garlic, and Creole seasoning and cook, stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, add cream cheese, stirring until the cheese is melted. Remove from heat and stir in okra and ½ cup parmesan cheese. Spoon mixture into a 2-quart baking dish and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the top is bubbly and light brown. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with bread.
All of us at Gateway Professional Insurance Services in Vacaville, California would like to encourage you to try these recipes this football season, and remind you to enjoy the game responsibly!