Steps to Take After a Car Accident
Each time you get behind the wheel of your car, you have the chance of getting into a car accident. With all the stress and anxiety that can surround an accident, it can be easy to get overwhelmed and not know what to do. Keep these steps to take after an accident in mind to ensure that you handle the accident in a calm and collected manner.
- Check for injures with everyone in your car, as well as any other cars that are involved in the accident. If someone is injured, even if it seems like a minor injury, call 911.
- If your car is able to be moved, move it to a safe location off of the road so that other motorists will not hit you as they drive by.
- Call the police, even if there are no injuries. Having an officer on the scene can help to ensure that tempers do not get the best of anyone at the scene. The statements that they take can also help when it comes to the claim process.
- Take notes of the scene, such as the time of day and weather and traffic conditions. Also get the contact information of anyone who was involved, and any witnesses. You will need to take note of the type of vehicles and license plate numbers of cars that were involved.
- Call your insurance agent. The sooner you talk with your agent, the sooner you will be able to start the auto insurance claim process.
When looking for the right car insurance to ensure that you stay safe while on the road, contact
the insurance experts at Gateway Professional Insurance Services in Vacaville, California. We will work with you to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage, all at the right price to fit your budget.