If you own company cars that you allow your employees to drive, you know how important it is to make sure that you are covered. While there is no way to avoid the cost of a commercial auto insurance policy, there are some steps that you can take to help save you money. Keep these tips in mind to ensure that the premiums of your commercial auto insurance policy stay as low as possible.
- Make sure to review the driving record of all potential drivers before allowing them to drive company cars. The better their driving record, the less expensive the policy will be.
- Take the age and driving experience of a person into consideration when deciding what type of vehicle they are allowed to drive. Drivers under the age of 25 tend to have higher accident rates than more experienced, older drivers.
- Make sure that all of your drivers take and pass driver safety programs as well as defensive driving classes.
- Install vehicle telematics on every company vehicle so that you will be able to monitor the usage and the driving behavior of each employee.
- Have a preventative maintenance program in place for every vehicle, to help prevent problems or damages before they occur.
- See if there is any training or other safety information that is available to your employees through your insurance agent.
For the most comprehensive commercial auto insurance policy and to ensure that you and your employees are covered in any situation, contact
Gateway Professional Insurance Services in Vacaville, California. We will work with your company to make sure that you have the best policy for your business, all at the right price.