Halloween is just around the corner, which means it is the perfect time to decide on the right costume and pick out the best pumpkin. While getting ready for the holiday, it is important to remember to stay safe while celebrating. Keep these tips in mind to ensure everyone has a safe and fun Halloween night.
Gateway Professional Insurance Services
- Use reflective tape or stickers on your child’s costume to help passing drivers see them. Also, have them carry a flashlight or glow stick to help them see well in the dark.
- When choosing the perfect costume for your child, make sure it fits properly so that they do not trip and fall while trick or treating. Make sure that they wear comfortable shoes since they will be walking long distances.
- When crossing the street, always use designated crosswalks and follow all traffic laws. Teach your children to make eye contact with drivers before crossing the street to ensure that the driver sees them.
- If your older children are trick or treating with a group of friends, make sure they stick to neighborhoods that they are familiar with.
- Do not allow children under the age of 12 to go trick or treating by themselves. Make sure they always have proper adult supervision.
- If you are driving on Halloween night, make sure to use extreme caution and drive at or below the speed limit. Also, eliminate any distractions when driving, such as cell phones and loud music.
- Inspect your children’s candy before allowing them to eat it. Throw away and open candy or candy that looks like it may have been tampered with.
in Vacaville, California would like to wish you and your family a happy and safe Halloween!